Adoration before the exposed Blessed Sacrament occurs 147 hours per week, in the Eucharistic Chapel. Worshipers adore Christ the Lord in the sacrament and pray to Him in the name of the whole community and the Church. Perpetual Adoration recalls Christ’s question to his disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane before His Passion.
1. To be committed to spend one hour you have chosen each week in Eucharistic Adoration.
2. To work with your prayer partner to ensure that your assigned hour is covered each week. If you do not have a prayer partner, to arrange for a substitute to cover your hour when you will be absent.
3. To arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of your hour out of courtesy to the adorer you relieve.
4. To remain in adoration until your relief has arrived and to call an hourly coordinator in the event of your relief does not arrive and you cannot stay an additional hour.
5. To evangelize – bring a friend or family member to perpetual adoration to be your prayer partner. Encourage someone to become an adorer at an hour of their choosing.